Our client in Boston, MA is seeking a Medical Receptionist for their busy practice.
The ideal candidate will be the first point of contact with patients and be highly organized and detail-oriented, providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Greet patients and visitors; check in and check out patients following established practices and procedures
- Gather all required patient demographic, insurance and clinical information
- Book post-operative and follow-up appointments as required
- Collect co-payments
- Answer incoming calls as needed and respond to patient requests or refer them to the appropriate contact
- At least two years of prior medical office practice experience, preferably in a surgical practice; Associates or bachelor’s degree desirable.
- Basic Knowledge of health insurance and managed care plans and concepts
- Familiar with computerized scheduling and telephone systems; prior experience with electronic medical record systems highly desirable.
- Ability to use Microsoft office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment while maintaining good judgment; ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.