Certified Medical Assistant needed for a contract opening in Brockton,Mass.
This will be Monday through Friday, 8:00-5:00 pm.
Candidate will need ONE of the following Certifications.
American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) – Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
National Health career Association (NHA) – Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
American Medical Technologist (AMT) – Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) – National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA)
* Welcomes patients by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
* Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
* Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; taking vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
* Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; authorizing drug refills as directed; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; preparing patients for x-rays; taking electrocardiograms; removing sutures; changing dressings.
* Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
* Completes records by recording patient examination, treatment, and test results.
* Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
* Serves and protects the physician or health care provider practice by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
WE ARE OFFERING A $500 BONUS AFTER WORKING 320 HOURS..(non registered ASI employees)