|Lab Operations Manager needed for a Perm opening in Newton,Mass.
This will be Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 starting asap.
Attributes we are seeking:
· Strong background in lab management – this can be a supervisor who is ready to make the change to a manager role, or a manager who is seeking a new challenge
· Strategic and forward thinker
· Open-minded professional
· Strong judgment and decision making skills
· Provides administrative and technical leadership for all Clinical Laboratory Services Departments that includes overseeing 41 FTE’s in the following areas:
o Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Blood Bank, Point-of-Care Testing, Vernon Cancer Center Laboratory, Evening and Night Medical Technologists.
Develops and administers policies and procedures in cooperation with the Director of Laboratory Services to ensure the delivery of quality laboratory services.
· Assures that standards of quality and excellence are maintained.
· With the assistance of supervisors, provides direct supervision of support & technical personnel, evaluates work performance, and initiates personnel actions. Interviews and selects candidates for hire; establishes orientation goals and schedules for new employees.
· Establishes standards of performance for training and competency for support and technical staff.
· Bachelor’s degree in medical technology or related science from an accredited school
· MT ASCP or equivalent certification.
· Minimumfive years previous combined experience working as a medical technologist in chemistry, hematology, blood bank and or microbiology laboratory,
· Minimum of three years’ laboratory management responsibility. Proven managerial skills. Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work independent of supervision.
· Background and experience with budget development, and monitoring variances.