|Endoscopy Registered Nurse is needed for a Temp possible Temp to Perm opening in Braintree,Mass.
This will be 32 hour rotating week days, 7:30-4 for approximately 3 Months.
WE ARE OFFERING UP TO A $1000 BONUS AFTER WORKING 520 HOURS!!!!!!!!
- Current Massachusetts RN License, Medical/Surgical Experience
- Endoscopy experience preferred
- CPR, BLS and ACLS certification is required
- Basic EKG and Arrhythmia Identification Certification preferred
- Minimum of two years in an ambulatory setting preferred.
- Responsible for assessing, planning and evaluating the care of each patient assigned.
- Adheres to Post Sedation Care Unit (PSCU) standards of nursing care.
- Observes vital sign, IV Site and any special monitoring equipment required for the recovery period.
- Implements plan of care during recovery period.
- Assessment of patients according to systemic approach.
- Appropriately communicate nursing assessment to the physician.
- Assess and implement discharge utilizing the Aldrete Scoring Criteria.
- Record physician orders and nursing implementation of orders
- The nurse must demonstrate competency and knowledge in caring for patients who have received moderate and deep sedation.
- Maintains a safe physical environment, including equipment and supplies.
- Assist in the development of the Center’s Quality Management and Professional Improvement Program. Actively participates in the ongoing Quality Management and Profession Improvement Program.
- Promotes good public relations with the patient’s family and visitors.
- Participates in the center’s in-services relative to position and maintain professional competency.
- Adheres to the Center’s Policy and Procedures.
- Administer medications used in moderate sedation under the direct supervision of the Gastroenterologist.
- Reports to the Gastroenterologist changes in the patient’s condition.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in formal and informal education opportunities specifically related to endoscopy services.
- Ensures continuity of care by documenting all patient care information appropriately and communicating pertinent information as necessary.
- Performs nursing procedures according to facility policy and procedures
- Demonstrates proficiency in endoscopy skills
- Assess health education needs of the patient/family at the time of the visit and develops a plan to meet these needs.
- Teaches patients and family aspects of health care that will promote health and well-being, including physician instructions.
- To provide excellent patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the center of all we do.
- To provide professional nursing skills in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the nursing care for our patients.