|Clinical Administrator is needed for a Temp-Perm opening in Boston, Ma. This will be working Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Clinical Administrator is responsible for all aspects of patient scheduling in accordance with department scheduling guidelines. Provides superior customer service to all patients, family members, physicians and staff at all times. Assigned to work with a clinical practitioner group consisting of physicians, physician’s assistants, technical supervisors, technical staff, program nurses and nurse practitioners and other care providers, the individual in this position will play a critical role in facilitating all aspects of patient care.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction of the Clinical Practice Support management team:
- Provides appointment scheduling ranging in complexity from one physician appointment to multiple care provider appointments in accordance with department scheduling guidelines for new and/or existing patients.
- Performs front desk check-in and check-out functions (may defer complicated scheduling to Clinical Administrative Support Specialists as needed).
- Obtains detailed clinical information face-to-face, by telephone or electronically.
- May provide basic information regarding the need for insurance referral(s).
- Provides general disease or program-specific information to callers/patients within the scope of knowledge and authority.
- Performs independent patient and outside provider call triaging and assists in directing patient flow.
- Serves as a liaison between patient/family/provider.
- Resolves issues directly or ensures appropriate management of call by others.
- Recognizes emergencies and appropriately responses using standard operating procedures and critical thinking skills.
- May be required to perform other duties as required by the clinical practice support team.
- May provide general administrative support and coordination for all aspects of patient care for both new and/or established patients, including filing, document preparation, data entry, telephone support, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Require excellent customer service and computer skills with proficiency in a Windows environment. Ability to multi-task and function as an integral member of the team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Excellent computer, customer service and problem solving skills required. Demonstrated ability to draft reports, correspondence and other administrative documents pertaining to patient scheduling as needed.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s degree and/or 0-2 year’s equivalent experience preferred. Experience working in a medical or customer service setting preferred. Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.