Our client in Boston, MA, is looking for an International Patient Program Manager.
Under the direction of the Manager, the International Patient Program Manager liaises with all hospital departments to facilitate the health care needs of the international patient population. Ensuring an efficient process and promoting high levels of patient and physician satisfaction. Provide leadership in defining opportunities to expand and improve all aspects of international referrals, both directly from patient-initiated requests as well referring physician requests for service.
The International Department patients are high risk population, this necessitates careful planning regarding estimates, deposits, collection of deposits, etc. in order to maintain institutional financial viability and minimize risk. Works closely with Patient Accounts, hospital foundations and billing/collection groups.
The role performs all of these functions in a manner that complies with standards established by Hospital Administration, Medical Staff and outside regulatory and accreditation agencies, e.g. HIPAA, The Joint Commission’s cultural sensitivity standards, etc.
1. Manage cases, planning all inpatient and outpatient care with providers for consultation, diagnosis, and medical procedures.
2. Employing a web-based appointment system regularly creates ad-hoc reports in response to client requests, analyzes data to propose service opportunities, notify care providers, and respond to client requests.
3. Manage billing and payments to provide timely, seamless servicePerforms patient registration and admission functions, ensuring
a) Performs patient registration and admission functions, ensuring accuracy of international demographics and financial data elements in the Hospital registration systems.
b) Receives and manages letters of guarantee from embassies or insurance companies.
c) Notifies patients and physician offices of potential problems relative to deposit requirements, including cancellation or rescheduling of services.
4. Presents semi-monthly events promoting a positive awareness of the International Program both within and outside the Hospital.
5. Delivers concierge-level attention to service for each patient.
6. Other assignments as necessary.
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree required
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years in a health care setting with administrative responsibilities
Bilingual or Multilingual preferred
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
1. Superior interpersonal skills to interact effectively with all levels of staff, patients, families and community organizations required. Must be able to collaborate and consult in an effective interdisciplinary team approach
2. Proficiency in medical terminology.
3. Proficiency in computers, especially Microsoft Office.
4. Familiarity with a hospital environment preferred.
5. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
6. Ability to work well under pressure and to handle sensitive information and multicultural matters.
7. Ability to relate to patients from varied countries and backgrounds, and to respond to their needs demonstrating a great deal of cultural awareness and sensitivity.